Taste Mauritius Supperclubs
Well this is where ‘Taste Mauritius’ started and what better opportunity to taste delicious, authentic home-cooked Mauritian cuisine than here! Supperclub events are run from home and are a great social alternative to the restaurant dining experience. They are an exciting way to explore different flavours and dishes whilst enjoying conversation with new friends. Here at Taste Mauritius, we open our doors and invite you to join us and share in all of our favourite dishes; we will be cooking up all sorts of treats for you to try!
All of our dishes are made using fresh locally sourced ingredients. Please do let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements or if you are vegetarian.
Sample menus (subject to change) can be found below.
Please check our EVENTS page for upcoming supperclub dates based in Croydon, Surrey.
If you have any questions you would like to ask us please contact us.
Example of starters:
- Prawn/Salt Cod Fritters
- Gateaux Piment (split pea chilli balls)
- Gateaux Bringele (Aubergine or Potato Cakes)
- Boulette Poisson (Prawn ,chou chou balls in spicy soup)
- Chutney’s or Salads (eg coriander, fresh coconut or tomato chutneys)
Example of Mains:
- Dhall Pouri
- Grois Pois (Butterbean & Potato Curry)
- Rougaille (Creole Tomato Sauce)
- Mauritian Curries ( one of either Prawn, Fish, Goat, Chicken..)
- Cari Dholl (Dhal)
- Fish Vindaye (pickled mustard fish)
- Chicken Fricasse
- Bouillon Cresson (Watercress Soup)
- Pumpkin Gratin
Example of Desserts:
- Rum Babas, Spiced Rum Syrup
- Flambee Pineapple, Coconut Crumble, French Toast
- Banana Fritters & Coconut Ice Cream
- Mauritian Bois Cheri Chai served at the end of meal
Other bespoke services include:
- Private parties at Taste Mauritius Supperclub venue in Croydon for minimum 10 guests
- Catering bookings for regular or one off special events.
- Canapes/Party food for Corporate events, lunches, conferences and parties in Surrey or London.
- Cookery Classes, starting from £220 (depending on class session) for 3 people for approximately 2-3hrs.
- Cookery demonstrations and interactive lessons for Corporate events.
- Consultations for operators, food service companies on Mauritian and Worldwide dishes.