Taste Mauritius Private Catering
We offer the opportunity to cater for a variety of events and individuals whether this is at a hired location or at home.
Private dining events are a great opportunity to be creative and devise wonderful bespoke menus to suit your needs. So while you are planning your outfit, getting the kids ready or last minute shopping; you can do it all safely in knowledge that we will be taking care of everything in the kitchen!
Ideas of typical dishes can be found below. These are just a few suggestions, if you would like a full list or to discuss canapés and/or bespoke menus, please contact us.
- Samossa (Fillings: Lamb, Potato & Pea, Tuna)
- Gateaux Piment (Split Pea Chilli Balls)
- Taro Cakes
- Bhajia (Fried chickpea batter)
- Gateaux Bringele
- Chicken Liver Gajak
- Chicken Fricasse with Red Onions
- Shrimp Croquettes
- Coriander Satini/Fresh Coconut/Peanut Satini plus more
- Chicken La Daube
- Goat Cari
- Rougaille (Sausage,vegetarian or prawns)
- Mauritian Curries (Fish/Chicken/Lamb)
- Salads/Condiments/Piment Confit/Mango Kutcha
- Farata/Roti/Dhall Pouri
- Cari Grois Pois (Butterbean)
- Octopus Salad
- Range from:
- Tarte Banane
- Rum Bananas
- Pain Perdu
- Vermecelli Pudding
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Mango & Rum Syllabub/Mousse
Other bespoke services include:
- Catering for client’s in their homes or drop off service (where the client just wants the food delivered)
- Private parties at Taste Mauritius Supperclub venue in Croydon for 10 or more guests or at a venue of your choice.
- Catering bookings for regular or one off special events.
- Canapes/Party food for Corporate events, lunches, conferences and parties in Surrey or London.
- Cookery Classes, starting from £220 (depending on class session) for 3 people for approximately 2-3hrs.
- Cookery demonstrations and interactive lessons for Corporate or Personal events.
- Consultations for operators, food service companies on Mauritian and Worldwide dishes and recipe development
“Thank you for such an amazing meal yesterday! We were blown away by it and had an amazing time! Our favourite dishes were the monk fish, the soup, the curries, the starters and desert… I think I’ve just listed the entire menu there!! It was a floorless experience!! Amazing thank you so much” Anonymous, 23rd October 2014
“Hi Selina, The food was really good and everyone impressed. We’ll definitely be interested in one of the supper club nights! Thanks for all your effort! Regards Marc Van Kan Sept 2014
“Dear Selina,Thank you very much for the lovely food. We really enjoyed it. I will be back for more!Hope your dinner went well on Saturday.Regards, Yves”
“HI SELINA,THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD IT WAS DELICIOUS.IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE A VERY GOOD COOK.!!!!” Ram Aug 2014